Mindful Yoga Breaks™ program consists of workshops for parents & teachers, a curriculum for the classroom and many various props that incorporate tools to calm or energize students including: breathing exercises, mindfulness, poses, games & relaxation ideas.
MYB Tools to Calm Students
- Breathing Exercises – This helps students to self-regulate when they are feeling their big emotions (anger, stress, fear, anxiety, etc.). It also increases focus and sends a signal to the brain to calm down.
- Mindfulness– The practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgement.
- Poses – Build strength and flexibility as well as help to reduce stress, build compassion, and enhance learning.
- Games – Non-competitive fun way to enhance creative thinking, teamwork and focus while building community and safety.
- Relaxation – Helps to decrease stress and anxiety, improves emotional stability, and increase the functioning of the brain.
- Props – These are used in addition to the tools above. Some examples of props are the breathing ball, chime, books, calm-down bottle and bubble timer.
Mindful Yoga Breaks™ Workshops
This workshop will help teachers, librarians, social workers, therapists and anyone working with children to bring focus, self-regulation & fun to your classroom, home or office while fostering social emotional learning. You will learn tools such as breathing exercises, mindfulness, yoga poses, yoga & mindfulness games & relaxation. Participants will leave with dozens of ideas to add to your teaching tool box that can be used in 1 min, 5 min, 10 min or 15 min breaks throughout your day. A manual is provided with descriptions of everything you learn as well as sample lesson plans.
Professional Development Workshops for Teachers, Librarians, Social Workers & Therapists
- 2 hour workshop at your school, office or library
- A manual for each participant with explanations of breathing exercises, mindfulness exercises, poses, games & relaxation ideas.