Focus Better, Sit Longer, Have More Success!
Mindful Yoga Breaks® (MYB®) was created with the intention of teaching teachers to use “breaks” in their day to calm & focus, which will allow students to be able to self-regulate. Lani & Jennifer are passionate about improving the lives of children through yoga and mindfulness and love creating fun, new ways to reach that goal. They have combined their love and passion for teaching and creating to collaborate and bring this new program to schools, teachers, parents and students world-wide.
For happy, healthy teachers to thrive, they need a learning ready classroom. Even the best teachers will struggle to teach a student who is not focused and ready to learn. These MYB® tools are like mini morsels of goodness they can incorporate into the day without feeling overwhelmed with yet another task.
The Mindful Yoga Breaks® curriculum will include lesson plans that teachers will learn as we come in and work with both the teachers as professional development and the students with 20 minute lessons taught by a MYB® teacher. This curriculum includes the 20 minute lesson plans as well as parent pages of activities the parents can do at home. MYB® incorporates the whole community which in turn will enable everyone to see the benefits.
Mindful Yoga Breaks® Tools to Calm Students
- Breathing Exercises – These help students to self-regulate when they are feeling their big emotions (anger, stress, fear, anxiety, etc.). They also increase focus and send a signal to the Bulldog Brain to calm down.
- Mindfulness– The practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgement.
- Poses – Build strength and flexibility as well as help to reduce stress, build compassion, and enhance learning.
- Games – Non-competitive fun way to enhance creative thinking, teamwork and focus while building community and safety.
- Relaxation – Helps to decrease stress and anxiety, improves emotional stability, and increase the functioning of the brain.
- Props – These are used in addition to the tools above. Some examples of props are the breathing ball, chime, books, mindful glitter bottle and bubble timer.
Tomi loved loved loved your yoga classes in her 2nd grade class at Edgewood. She especially loved the breathing exercises which she uses a lot, and have really helped her to deal with her temper differently. It has been totally amazing!
Tagan, New Haven
The Mindful Yoga Breaks™ Program for Schools
Elementary School Programs can include:
- Teacher Workshops
- 20 minute lessons for 4-15 week sessions. These classes can be twice a week, once a week or twice a month.
- 20 min Test Prep lessons for classes.
In addition to the Professional Development & classes, each classroom participating will receive:
- A manual with explanations of breathing exercises, mindfulness exercises, poses, games & relaxation ideas.
- MYB Anchor Breath poster
- MYB Mindful Yoga Breaks™ card deck
- Mini breathing ball | $15
- Chime | $15
- Superhero Card Deck & Dice Game | $12.95
- Superhero Focus Tools (Bubble Timer & 5 multi-color tea lights) |$12