There are so many things I love about being outside in nature. Walking through the forest between towering trees, hearing the birds chirping or the brook babbling, the smell of pine trees and feeling the sun on my back and the crunch of the earth beneath every step. “Let’s Go Outside & YoPlay” is the title of this month’s YoPlay lesson plan.
We mindfully connect to our senses, to the essence of change and how it is connected to outside play and nature.
With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Let’s Go Outside & YoPlay” features 2 special mindfulness activities, a detailed yoga pose sequence, a music playlist, suggested book & prop list and thematic scripted guided visualization. This original YoPlay Lesson Plan educates 3-9 yr. olds about connecting to nature in a mindful, age-appropriate and movement-based way.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new yoga teacher this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new.
You will receive:
- More than a dozen pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for ages 3-9 year olds.
- A printable Overview for quick reference during class.
- An outdoor theme Playlist you can download.
- A guide that will give you the confidence to share the entire full lesson of breathing techniques, yoga poses, mindfulness activities, a mantra & mudra, games and scripted guided visualization.
- Suggestions for books, crafts, props and learning points that tie into the theme and connect with the children.
- A Yoga Flow sequence that you can share from beginning to end or in sections.
- Yoga Pose Pages that describe each yoga pose in a simple and easy to follow format with traditional and kid friendly pose names with accompanying photo.
- A Mindfulness activity Worksheet that you can print to do or share with your student or children.