When was the last time you laughed like this…. where you snorted, or were doubled over in a belly laugh? With Summer in full swing, it’s time to let loose and have fun! And you can’t help but have fun when you’re laughing.
Children laugh up to 300-400 times a day during their formative years, and this reduces to 10-15 times a day as an adult. -thepowerofhappy
Do kids need an excuse to laugh?
Not typically. Kids laugh so easily. They laugh at funny faces, bad jokes, good jokes, and most especially at funny noises. So introducing kids to laughter yoga is like the easiest thing in the world to do! You can check out our lesson plan “It’s All Funny & Games Yoga” on how to create a fun and funny kids yoga class.
Isabelle and Lily now that they are 11, are really coming into their own and with that their own humor too. It’s not just silly knock-knock jokes they are actually acquiring some wit.
Just a little while ago Isabelle said,
Dad’s are like refrigerators. Plain and boring on the outside and cool on the inside.
Now that’s funny, right?
5 Reasons Why We Need to Laugh!
1. Laughing is by far much better than crying and it’s good for the heart.
After laughing, the positive effects (boosted endorphins) of laughter last up to 45 minutes, benefiting the cardiovascular system. (thepowerofhappy.com)
2. Laughing is a great anxiety buster! Within minutes of laughing stress levels drop.
I dare you to try and worry and be nervous at the same time that you are laughing so hard you have milk shooting out of your nose.
3. Laughing helps you breathe and we’re all about our breath in yoga.
When you’re laughing your breathing and bringing fresh new oxygen to your body and brain which also increase your energy levels.
4. Laughter will help you be more attractive to others. It won’t change your looks but the positive energy laughter brings will help you connect with others more quickly and improve relationships.
5. Laughter helps during those hard times. When things are challenging, and we all have those moments, laughter brings a positive attitude, hope, and optimism to help us cope. Bring humor and laughter to everything, even during challenging times.
Accept that you don’t need a reason to laugh – just start laughing. -Laughter Guru, Dr. Kataria
Your body doesn’t know the difference between real laughter and fake laughter and you still get all the above benefits no matter how you laugh. Just accept that you don’t need a reason to laugh and just start laughing.
If you’re curious about Dr. Kataria, who created Laughter Yoga you can go here to find out more and laugh.